Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fat Book Swap




I am also working on a FAT Book Swap with the theme being Vintage Valentine, and using a technique for the background that no one else is using. When done we will get pages of beautiful techniques with instructions for the backgrounds. I have picked the background of working with cloth and color, which has turned into melted crayon or wax- (do not use your microwave for melting) I learned this the hard way. I then poured randomly on the fabric- the wax dries very quickly so I then ironed the fabric with a sheet over it to protect the iron. I like how it came out along with a little distressing and texturing. Here is my first page, and one with only texturing- they will all come out a little different.

1 comment:

Mel♥ said...

this book is going to be AWESOME!! Love your tech!

M